Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Greatest love songs by decade

In complete contradiction to my normal blog style, this post will consist of a listed compilation of what I think are the best love songs of each decade from the 1940s through 2010. I strongly invite disagreement, but under one condition: you must tell me what YOU think the better choice is.

1940s: "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered" by Ella Fitzgerald

1950s: "You Belong to Me" by Dean Martin

1960s: "When a Man Loves a Woman" by Percy Sledge

1970s: "How Deep is Your Love" by The Bee Gees

1980s: "Open Arms" by Journey

1990s: "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith

2000s: "You Are the Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne

5 comments:

  1. Lisa,I love that "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" is one of your fav. songs. I loved that song, and the band, so hard in the 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Lis, I'm going to have to disagree with you on your 1970's choice. Sorry, but anything by the Bee Gees kinda makes me throw up a little in my mouth. Personally, I would prefer "Close to You" by the Carpenters or "Evergreen" by Barbra Streisand...but that's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh... both dynamite alternatives, aunt cindi! but my love for the sickly-sweet bee gees is unwavering. and divs.... thanks girl! who wasn't totally into that song after seeing armageddon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must be a really tough list to make. I totally agree with the 60s, and the 90s. I would have liked to see my girl Celine there though. And maybe Rod Stewart. But I do realize you are choosing one song for each DECADE! This must have taken ages. Good work though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah i love this. I agree with Katrin, and i think you hit the 2000s dead on the nose. good work sugar...

    ReplyDelete